The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is hosting the 2010 National Trademark Expo.
The deadline for trademark owners to apply for exhibit space at the Trademark Expo has been extended to August 16. Now is your chance to showcase the vital role trademarks have played in your business.
The National Trademark Expo focuses on educating the public about the important role trademarks play in our society and the global marketplace, and highlights advances in the electronic filing and processing of applications for federal trademark registration at the USPTO.
The purpose of the National Trademark Expo is:
- to illustrate the value of protecting brand names and other trademarks in the increasingly competitive global marketplace;
- to showcase the breadth of marks used by one source;
- to educate consumers on the variety of types of trademarks used in the marketplace;
- to engage the public’s interest in branding;and
- to educate the public about considerations factored into mark selection and brand development.
The Expo will include themed displays, exhibitors’ booths, costumed characters and much more. Exhibit themes may include, but are not limited to, celebrity trademarks, trademarks identifying products often subject to counterfeit, unusual trademarks (sound, scent, color, configurations, motion marks, etc.), certification trademarks, trademarks commonly misused as a generic term, the breadth of different types of trademarks used by one source, the evolution of certain trademarks, people behind the names of trademarks, 100-year-old trademarks, and interesting stories about trademarks and their creation.
Any owner of a United States trademark registration may apply to exhibit. Apply now to Exhibit.