I have volunteered to speak at the first annual Inventor Exposition here in Western New York. The event is sponsored by the Small Business Development Center. The event is targeted to help inventors and entrepreneurs who wish to commercialize a product. There will be panelists speaking on topics relevant to manufacturing, marketing and distribution.
- recognize what is a patentable invention;
- differentiate between a patent, trademark and copyright;
- keep necessary records for patent purposes; and
- take the necessary steps to avoid forfeiture of patent rights.
I’m looking forward to meeting all the other panelists who will speak on many subjects relevant to commercialization of intellectual property such as:
- Product Design
- Business Plan and Development
- Retail Sales
- Website Development
- International Trade
- New Product Development and Innovation
I believe this event is a great free service (small $15 fee for refreshments) for all the local inventors who attend. I think inventors should be aware of the free resources available to them such as those provided by the Small Business Development Center here in Western New York.