Every application must include a clear depiction of the mark. The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office uses representations of marks:
- to file marks in the USPTO search records;
- to print marks in the Official Gazette (eOG:T) and
- on registration certificates.
For TEAS applications, the mark must be in:
- standard character form (a separate page depicting the mark is not required); or
- special form (includes a design or stylized lettering)–the applicant must attach a digitized image of the mark in .jpg format to the electronic submission.