A filing receipt serves as evidence of filing. A trademark application filed through the Electronic Trademark Examination Application System (e-TEAS) generates an e-mail confirming the filing (a filing receipt) that includes:
- the serial number;
- filing date; and
- a summary of all data provided in the application.
A trademark application filed as a paper application generates in the mail a printed filing receipt that includes:
- the application serial number;
- filing date;
- the mark;
- the applicant’s name;
- the goods and/or services;
- the filing bases, if available;
- the international class(es); and
- the address to be used for correspondence.