Design Patents Overview – File a Patent Application For Your Invention
The patent law attorneys at Patenthome have created a new, affordable way to file a patent application for your invention.
Why a Design Patent?
A design patent protects the ornamental design and look of an invention whereas a utility patent protects the structure and function of an invention.
If the appearance of an invention is more important than its structure and/or function, design patent protection is the best choice.
Click here to find more information about what is the difference between a design patent and utility patent.
Answer our simple online questionnaire and an experienced patent attorney will review your invention, answer your legal questions, and provide you with an initial phone consultation and assessment.
File Your Design Patent Application
A registered patent professional will draft a legal description of the professional drawings and file your design patent application.
Your package includes:
- Comprehensive patent search to identify similar and related patents
- Expert review, advice and suggestions for improvement by a registered patent attorney
- Professional preparation of your Design Patent application by a registered patent attorney
- Technical illustrations from up to up ten viewpoints
- Electronic filing of your application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Free non-disclosure and confidentiality forms for discussing and marketing your invention
Design Patent Pricing
- Patent Phone Consultation – FREE
- Preparation of application and technical drawings – $1050
- Design patent government fee – $265
- Get more pricing details
Design Patent Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I learn in my initial free consultation?
- Should I file for a Utility or Design Patent?
- What is a design patent?
- How and why should I mark a patented product?
- More FAQs